Biography & Contact Information
a1 b2 c3 d4 e5 f6 g7 h8 i9 j1 k2 l3 m4 n5 o6 p7 q8 r9 s1 t2 u3 v4 w5 x6 y7 z8
Biography And Contact Information
- Numerologist/Aromatherapist is a Life Path Awakening Empowerment Consultant. Training includes:
- Accredited Positive Parenting Facilitator
- "Pre-Birth Parenting" Midwifery Apprentice,
- Certified ChildbirthWholistic Health Educator/Doula,
- Certified Massage Therapist/ Wholistic Health Educator,
- Certified STD/HIV/SA (substance abuse) Prevention & Reproductive Health Educator,
- Certified Teen Abstinence Instructor/Character Building Instructor & Case Manager,
- llustrator & Free-Lance Photographer,
Black Vegetarian Society Of Georgia
ICTC International Center For Traditional Childbearing
Association for Perinatal Psychology and Health
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND COMMUNITY SERVICE
- 2009-Present HIVANON. Consultant, Co-Presenter. Helping to raise awareness & remove the stigma and fear of HIV.
- 2002- Present Wholistic Stress Control Institute. Moved up in ths community base program first as a Consultant, promoted to Teen Abstinence Instructor, HIV Prevention Project Director, STD/HIV/SAP (Substance Abuse) and Prevention/Intervention Senior Case Manager. Projects included:
- Triple P Positive Parenting Group Level 4 Facilitator: Facilitating group discussions with parents on ways to change children's misbehavior. Teaching researched and scientifically proven positive strategies designed to help parents improve competence & confidence in parenting skills reducing stress associated with raising children, and building positive relationships with their children. Parenting skills for ages 0-12 years old.
- C.I.R. (Color It Real) Educating college age students 18-24 years old about the 4 ways HIV is transmitted and "at-risk" behaviors that compromise their health. Information includes healthy relationship building. Male and female condom demonstration. Developed a cultural awareness STI/HIV/SAP Prevention Curriculum for Adults
- P.A.A.T.H.(Pointing African Americans Towards Health) Position entailed working with youth ages 14-18 that were considered high-risk in high schools, alternative schools & group homes. Provided individual and group therapy counseling. Collected data to develop prevention or treatment plans for students. Completed individual needs assessments for students & made appropriate referrals when needed. Conducted Hepatitis C, HIVP/SAP and Healthy Nutritional Awareness sessions. Contacted parents to give an update on youth’s progress and assessed parental needs. Conducted career interest surveys using mathematical analysis (numerology). Assisted in educational resources, job placement services & vocational services for summer programs. Developed a cultural awareness STD/HIV/SAP Prevention Curriculum for youth.
- PEACE PROJECT An Anger management conflict resolution program. Assigned to work with Middle School age youth 12-14 years old, who were sent to In-School-Suspension. Taught basic skills dealing with managing anger using "I" messages in communicating effectively during a dispute. Instructed students in the art of using meditation for releasing tension and stress.
- Family MAASAI HIV/AIDS Project Director, Prevention services involved educating incarcerated male youth ages: 14-17 years old in a DeKalb RYDC juvenile detention center and at Metro Transition Center adult females. Ages ranged from: 19-56 years old in jails & prisons. Choosing Abstinence Proudly Teen Abstinence Project Director, Educating youth ages 10-18. Presented educational material to parents at PTA meetings. Sites included: group homes, after school programs, homeless shelters, drug rehabilitation centers.
- Contact: 2545 Benjamin E. Mays Drive, Atlanta, GA 404-755-0068 www.wholistic1.com
- 2001 - 2012 On M.A.P.T.I.M.E.* Jazz with Wanique Khemi-Tehuti Shabazz A WRFG 89.3 FM Radio Program. Wellness, & Empowerment, Wholistic Health Awareness On-Air Life Path Awakening Empowerment Counselor. Receive on-air calls from the radio audience regarding personal & family issues. Counseling in areas of such as stress management, teen sexual abstinence, & childbirth education. Advise provided in addressing concerns of how to set & accomplish healthy goals in one’s life towards behavioral change & management. confirming natural talents, special skills & areas needing balance. (*Metaphysical Answers & Personal Truths Inside Musical Edutainment) Atlanta, GA www.wrfg.org
2001 – 2003 Fulton County Human Services Department,
Stress Management & Wholistic Health Consultant. “Call To Womanhood Conference”, “Conversations With Our Daughters” Project. Subjects included: Teen pregnancy, parenting, the value of self, family, & appropriate healthy sexual responsibility. “Staff Development Day” Instruction given to staff members on how to identify underlying causes of dysfunction in self leading to stress & tension at work & home. Atlanta, GA
1996- Present Empowerment By Life Path Awakening, Wholistic Health Workshop Presenter. Demonstrates therapeutic techniques to deal with stress. Identifying the origins of stress and its effects on self, family, and community. Confirming one's natural talents, potentials & purpose for wellness & empowerment. Workshops allow each individual to recognize personal strengths while teaching how to incorporate the ancient healing arts of: Aromatherapy, visualization meditation, food therapy, sound therapy & "safe-touch" massage Provide services for: Drug Rehabilitation Centers, Homeless Shelters. L'dia Men-Na'a is the author & illustrator of serveral self analysis numerology aromatherapy workbooks. Atlanta, GA Oakland, CA www.lifepathawakeningbyldiamennaa.com
- 1991 - Present When You Teach A Woman, You Teach A Nation Pre-Birth Parenting & Naturally Empowered Childbirth Program. Teaches mothers and fathers the art of parenting. Incorporates traditional techniques for partner coached natural childbirthing: Exercises, breathing, relaxation techinques, aromatherapy, & massage. Atlanta, GA Berkeley, CA www.whenyouteachawomanyouteachanation.com
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/whenyouteachawoman/
- 1998-2000 Healthy Babies Project founded by Majeedah Rahman. A Drug Addiction Treatment Center. Encouraged mothers to parent more efficiently. Taught about the importance of healthy nutritional awareness and how to prepare easy, tasteful vegetarian meals. Provided chair massages and guidance in creative stress management techniques included child & infant massage. 471 34th Street Oakland, CA 510-596-4189 510-450-0881. http://www.healthybabiesproject.com/
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION & TRAINING
- Adolescent Reproductive Health Education, Emory University School Of Medicine, Atlanta, GA
- Anger Management, Wholistic Stress Control Institute, Certificate , Atlanta, GA
- Birth & Bonding International, Doula, Certified Childbirth Educator, Albany, CA
- Bridging Theory & Practice: Applying Behavioral Theory To STD/Prevention, Atlanta, GA
- Food Therapy & Qi Induced Detoxification, Tai Chi Health Society, Inc., College Park, GA
- Healthy Love Party, ("Safer-Sex" Condum Instruction) Sisterlove, Atlanta, GA
- Hepatitis C Support Project HCSP Basic HCV Educator Cert, San Francisco, CA
- HIV/AIDS Prevention Case Management Services, Southwestern Medical Cntr, Dallas, TX
- HIV/AIDS Starter Facts, American Red Cross Certification, Atlanta, GA
- HIV/AIDS, American Red Cross Certification, Atlanta, GA
- Life Skills, DeKalb Technical College, Certificate, Clarkston, GA
- Media Madness, Emory University School Of Medicine, Atlanta, GA
- Mental Health 101 Overview, CHRIS Kids Training Institute, Atlanta GA
- Motivational Interviewing Prev./Intervention STD/HIV/SAP Mgmt., Athens, GA
- National Holistic Institute, Certified Massage Therapist Wholistic Health Educator, Emeryville, CA
- Reaching & Intervening with Survivors Effectively RISE (Domestic Violence Training), Sisterlove, Atlanta, GA
- Renaissance Women Midwifery, Education & Apprenticeship Program, Oakland, CA
- Sexual Abstinence Instruction & Training/Workshops, WAIT, WSCI Inc., Atlanta, Ga
- Sexual Behavior In Children, What’s Normal, What’s Not, Inner Harbour, Douglasville, GA
- Triple P Positive Parenting, Atlanta, GA
LINKS TO INTERVIEWS AND ARTICLES: L'dia Men-Na'a
om/blackwombniverse/2010/0 1/03/blackwombniverse "Nameorology/Aromatherapy"
- http://www.talkshoe.com/tc/39511 "Parenting By The Numbers"
- www.libradio.com "How To Give Birth To Gods"